Motion is the acceleration, displacement, or velocity of an object relative to a given frame of reference. There are four basic types of motion with each one moving different than the other. There is a you could say a fifth called irregular motion.
Types of Motion
- Linear motion is anything that moves in a straight line.
- Oscillator motion moves repeatedly back and forth.
- Rotary motion is anything that moves in a circle.
- Reciprocating motion moves backwards and forwards in a straight line.
- Irregular motion is any motion that has no fixed pattern.
Tags: Equations for Motion