A position switch provides a discrete input to the PLC. The position switch is used to confirm the position of a critical component in the process, often a valve. In processes where valve closure is important, such as during a mixing process, ensuring that the valve is closed is important.
Note that like a pressure switch, a position switch's sole function is to provide a binary TRUE or FALSE into the PLC.
- ZS - position switch
- ZSC - Position Switch Closed
- ZSO - Position Switch Open
- ZSHL - Position Switch High Low
- List of instrumentation associations
- List of instrument companies