Motion is the acceleration, displacement, or velocity (English unit \(ft\), Metric unit \(m\)) of an object relative to a given frame of reference. There are four basic types of motion with each one moving different than the other. There is a fifth called irregular motion which does not actually count as one.
- Linear Motion - Anything that moves in a straight line.
- Oscillating Motion (simple harmonic motion) - Moves repeatedly back and forth.
- Rotary Motion - Is anything that moves in a circle.
- Reciprocating Motion - Moves backwards and forwards in a straight line.
- Irregular Motion - Any motion that has no fixed pattern.
The random movement of particles suspended in liquids or gases caused by the collision of molecules of the surrounding medium.
Tags: Motion Equations Types of