Welding is the fabrication process that fuses like materials togeather by heating them to a suitable temperatures, this can be acomplished by brazing, soldering or welding. The filler metal has a melting point approximately the same or below that of the metals being joined togeather. Welding is done by melting like metals then add a filler material to the joint, once cooled forming a sturdy joint. Brazing and soldering is the melting of a filler material that is pulled into the gap between materials joining them togeather. The brazing filler has a melting point below the materials being joind togeather.
There are many different types of welds, techniques, designs, codes and procedures.
- WLD - welded
- WLDR - welder
- WLDS - weldess
- List of welding associations
- ISO 693 - Dimensions of seam welding wheel blanks
- ISO 4850 - Personal eye-protectors for welding and related techniques -- Filters -- Utilisation and transmittance requirements
- ISO 7286 - Graphical symbols for resistance welding equipment
- ISO 8167 - Projections for resistance welding
- ISO 15607 - Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials -- General rules
- ISO 17846 - Welding and allied processes -- Health and safety -- Wordless precautionary labels for equipment and consumables used in arc welding and cuttin